Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Catchy Coin Stories

Catchy Coin Stories

Students in my class were struggling with recognizing the difference between coins, and identifying them correctly. I wasn't sure how I was going to fix this problem since I had told them the names over and over and shown them different features of the coins numerous times. I had my go to visual poster hanging for all to see, and still nothing!

Fast forward to the following day while driving to work (don't you always get the best ideas when you are nowhere near a pen and paper!) I just started thinking of funny stories that might help make the students connect the name of the coin to its features. Went in that day, told my funny stories and by the next day over half the class was able to identify every coin.

Here are the stories in poster form that I came up with to help my kiddos!


Catchy Coin Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment